There are some things you can do to help authors (including but not limited to myself). 🙂
1. Buy more books (or if you’re picking up free books and have Amazon Prime, use it to get books on Kindle Unlimited instead, as that way an author still gets paid).
2. If you’re buying paperbacks from Amazon, it’s better to buy them from Amazon directly rather than marketplace sellers. The author usually earns more of a royalty that way.
3. Leave a review for books you’ve enjoyed, as it can make a lot of difference to an author, especially when they self-publish. Only a small percentage of readers usually review a book.
4. If you follow an author whose books you enjoy on Twitter or other social media, you could help by re-tweeting or sharing their posts. It’s not an easy business, so every little bit of help can mean so much.
5. If you have a blog, consider reviewing some books for authors. There are quite a few authors out there who would be more than happy to give you a copy of their book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
As for how to help me personally, I’d definitely appreciate you picking up and reviewing my books. This site also uses affiliate links.
Thanks for your help and support. 🙂